Google recently released their updated Google Apps Outlook Sync client for Outlook 2013. However, we had some issues getting it to run recently. The error preventing installation stated that we had a click to run version installed. This was not correct. The machines throwing the error never had a click to run version installed. After some troubleshooting with Google Apps Support we found a resolution. Apparently there is a remnant registry key that prevents installation.
Click-To-Run Office / Outlook 2013 Error Fix Google Apps Sync
We have determined the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0ClickToRunStore still exists. Please follow these steps to rename it:
- Click ‘Start’ > ‘Run’.
- Type ‘regedit’ and click ‘OK’.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0ClickToRunStore.
- Right click it and choose ‘Rename.’
- Change the name from ‘ClickToRunStore’ to ‘ClickToRunStore1.’
- Install Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook.
- Back in the Registry Editor, right click ‘ClickToRunStore1.’
- Choose ‘Rename’ and change the name back to ‘ClickToRunStore.’
Google Apps Outlook Sync for Outlook 2013 can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync
If you are still having issues run this VBS script provided by Google which will alert you to any other potential issues in your Office 2013 configuration / installation – https://code.google.com/p/google-apps-support-tools-for-windows/downloads/detail?name=CheckIsOutlookClickToRun.vbs