Better Safe than Sorry
Trend Micro just recently released an excellent 8 page eBook entitled “Five Things Every Small Business Should Know About Web Threats and Cybercrimes.”
In this eBook Trend Micro demonstrates the many threats that small business face. Many think that cybercrimes and threats are only in movies but the reality is they happen every day to normal everyday ordinary businesses.
Trend Micro states, “For cybercriminals, no business is too small to exploit. However, small business owners still have this mindset that only multinational organizations are targeted by cybercriminals. They continue believing that since they’re small players, they’re safe. Because of this, these business owners take cybercriminal threats and security for granted, making their small businesses ripe for the picking.”
Five Small Business Security Facts
- Any organization, regardless of size or type, can be a victim of cybercrime
- Small businesses manage information that is of interest to cybercriminals
- Cybercriminals unleash one new threat targeting small businesses every second
- Compliance is costly, but noncompliance is costlier and can serve as a window to cybercrime
- Small businesses are moving to the cloud and are embracing cloud security, but cybercriminals are not far behind
Protect Your Business
- Ensure that you and every one of your employees-technical or not-stay abreast of the latest in cybercrime. Be educated about the newest fraud schemes and apply best practices, such as not responding to unsolicited email messages or opening attachments and clicking suspicious links embedded in them.
- Enforce internal security policies. It’s also wise to enhance your network security and banking protocols
- Plan ahead. Always be on the lookout for suspicious online activities and prepare contingency plans for any instance of actual compromise.
- Secure your devices. Contact Tech Tripp a top partner with Trend Micro to secure your devices, endpoints, servers and workstations.
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years’ experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud based security that fits our customers’ and partners’ needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro’” Smart Protection Network’” cloud computing security infrastructure, our products and services stop threats where they emerge-from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
To read the complete eBook download it here: http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/smb-primers/small-business-is-big-business/files/assets/downloads/Small-Business-Is-Big-Business.pdf